Dr Amy Griffin is a geographer at the University of New South Wales Canberra where she is an expert in Geographic Information Systems and the visualisation of spatial and temporal data. Amy also works on the Operation Wandering Souls team by mapping 1ATF combat incidents that resulted in the deaths of one or more Viet Cong or People’s Army of Vietnam soldiers. Her publications include “Social Vulnerability in the Context of Bushfire Risk at the Urban Bush Interface in Sydney: A Case Study of the Blue Mountains and Ku-ring-gai Local Council Areas” in Natural Hazards and, with Bob Hall and Andrew Ross, ‘The Australian Counterinsurgency campaign in the Vietnam war: The ambush battle’, in Journal of Maps.
- Solangaarachchi, D.T., Griffin, A.L. and M. Doherty. (2012). “Social Vulnerability in the Context of Bushfire Risk at the Urban Bush Interface in Sydney: A Case Study of the Blue Mountains and Ku-ring-gai Local Council Areas.” Natural Hazards, 64(2): 1873-1898.
- Griffin, A.L., and J. McQuoid. (2012). “At the intersection of maps and emotion: The challenges of spatially representing experience.” Kartographische Nachrichten, 06/12: 291-299.
- Strazdins, L., Griffin, A.L., Broom, D. H., Banwell, C., Korda, R., Dixon, J., Shipley, M., Paoloucci, F., Esler, M., and J. Glover. (2011). “Time scarcity: Another health inequity?” Environment and Planning A, 43(3): 545-59.
- Walkington, H.E., Griffin, A.L., Keys-Matthews, L., Metoyer, S.K., Miller, W.E., Baker, R., and France, D. (2011). “Embedding research-based learning early in the geography undergraduate curriculum.” Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 35(3): 1-16.
- Mishra, S. R. and A. L. Griffin. (2010). “Encroachment: A threat to resource sustainability in Chilika Lake, India.” Applied Geography, 30(3): 448-459.
- Griffin, A. L., and S. Bell. (2009). “Applications of signal detection theory to geographic information science.” Cartographica, 44(3): 145-158.
- Bhowmick, T., Griffin, A. L., MacEachren, A. M., Kluhsmann, B and E. Lengerich. (2008). “Informing geospatial toolset design: Understanding the process of cancer data exploration and analysis”, Health & Place, 14: 576-607.
- Scheyvens, R., Griffin, A. L., Jocoy, C., Liu, Y. and M. Bradford. (2008). “Experimenting with active learning: Dispelling the myths that perpetuate resistance.” Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 32(8): 51-69.
- Griffin, A.L., MacEachren, A.M., Hardisty, F., Steiner, E. and B. Li. (2006). “A comparison of animated maps with static small-multiple maps for visually identifying space-time clusters.” Annals of the Association of American Geographers. 96(4): 740-53.
- Griffin, A.L. (2002). “Feeling it out: The use of haptic visualization for exploratory geographical visualization.” Cartographic Perspectives. 39. 12 – 29.