We’re excited to report that the Australia’s Vietnam War Battle Map has been updated.
- Over 500 records from 1st Royal Australian Regiment (1 RAR) Battalion Group operations have been added.
- Detailed maps of Nui Dat Base, Hoa Long, Ba Ria and 1st Australian Logistic Support Group (1 ALSG) in Vung Tau.
- Casualty honour roll against contacts where killed in action stats are recorded.
- Wartime topographic maps are greatly enhanced and are of much higher quality.
- Analytics (charts) are now fully integrated with filters, making them more customisable.
- More filters: Unit Task and Hour of Day
The casualty honour roll displays a portrait against each soldier and provides biographical information. This data was sourced from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA). We are still in the process of mapping casualties to individual contacts and currently, only some of the 521 casualties have been associated with incidents on the map.
Help Us Complete Mapping the Honour Roll
Do you know the exact contact where a soldier was killed in action, or later died of wounds? If so, you can help us by:
- Clicking on the contact on the map
- Opening the Casualty Honour Roll
- Clicking the link “Know someone else who was killed in action?”
- Completing the form and sending it to us
We’ve so far mapped about 150 out of 521. Once completed, the website will better serve families of veterans in particular, by providing context surrounding the death of our fallen soldiers.